Monday, March 4, 2019

Slice 2019 #3: Day Late, But That's Okay

For the month of March, each day I am writing and posting a slice of my life, hosted by Two Writing Teachers



March Slice of Life Challenge Day 3:

I didn't get around to blogging Sunday, but I have to reassure myself that it is okay. Sunday had a lot of highlights and wonderful moments. Time with my son, wonderful meals and family game time are three things I am thankful for, especially on this slow paced Sunday.

We had an exceptionally arduous night with our baby boy. No one felt very rested, and in the morning he was up by 5:30 looking for food, a change and someone to entertain him. My wife, bless her soul took this early morning time on a Sunday while I lay in and out enjoying the comfort of bed  and some kitty cuddles.

Later that morning after play, stories it was time for a bottle and his regularly scheduled nap. Lindsay was also tired, and ready for a nap herself.  I put on Jumanji (The Original) and held him as I fed him his bottle. He predictably, began drifting off to sleep, content as can be... and I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open as well.

All was quiet in our house, except for the adventures playing out in the movie which caused really strange dreams. This lazy Sunday became a great opportunity to 'watch Jumanji with my son'. I have a feeling that we will have to try watching it again when he is a little older (to understand what's going on), and I am a little more well rested (so I don't drift off to sleep).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slice 2019 #5 InstaPot / #6 Fetch

Kohl's is one of my favorite stores because they occasionally have insane deals! For example when they offer Kohl's cash ($10 for...