Friday, March 1, 2019

Slice 2019 #1: Out of Hibernation

I am a fair weather runner.

I am a stroller runner.

I am a novice runner.

Becoming a Dad was one of the best things that has ever happened to me as a runner. The accountability to my son, and my wife, for our morning adventures helped me train better than I ever have before.

Coincidentally both of them would take the time to sleep while I was shuffling my feet around our neighborhood with a stroller in front of me.

Girls night out, a guys night in. Or so I thought until I got the bug. It's the first of March. You need to begin something.  I bundled up baby, and put socks on his feet and hands and clicked him into his car seat.

Pull the stroller out of my car and deploy it to realize I never filled up the tires with air. I guess the first stop is the gas station.

Snow lightly fell down and the sun had gone down, the streets illuminated by the reflection of street lights off of the white blankets and snow piles covering our neighborhood.

A loud hiss emitted a startling effect to Ryland, whom was content prior... The worst part is it was necessary for all three tires. There were tears and angry cries. Press play, start moving and watch him lul into contentment with the rattle of the stroller against the road.

Running makes me feel alive, awake and now this Papa Bear is out of hibernation.

2 comments:

  1. Great job, Papa Bear! I bet Ryland will love his next ride! Will you train for a race now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... There are lots of different 5k's I will likely run another with Ryland this year, or maybe several. I will take a look at the calendar and see which running events are near us!

      Delete

Slice 2019 #5 InstaPot / #6 Fetch

Kohl's is one of my favorite stores because they occasionally have insane deals! For example when they offer Kohl's cash ($10 for...