Monday, March 5, 2018

Max Made My Day



Lindsay and I have three amazing cats. Their names are Max, Sebastian and Jasper. Today's story is about my main man Max.

Max has a long black coat of hair and a don't pick me up type of attitude. Max is affectionate enough I suppose, but usually when he wants something. It seems that every time somebody pours a bowl of cereal in the kitchen Max feels the need to check it out. He will sit and stare into your soul with his green flecked eyes, and then sit uncomfortably close to your bowl of cereal. If you take it to another room, there is a good chance that Max will follow you.

My sister had mentioned to me she gave the Max and the other cats a little milk last night. It seems that was what Max had wanted and she wanted to do something nice for them. She loves her nephews after all and wants to make sure they have happiness. This morning, their last nights happiness became a surprise for me. As I walked into the kitchen to get ready, I stepped on a milky white hairball and got the mucus and gastric secretions smeared all over my foot.

I love my cats.

Sebastian
Max with a Haircut

5 comments:

  1. That is really gross. I hope your cats enjoyed the milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck result of a good intention. Oh, well. Life with cats. The portrait pics of the cats with bow ties look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. “ I stepped on a milky white hairball and got the mucus and gastric secretions smeared all over my foot.” Inevitably, we only notice it after stepping in it. There’s a lesson somewhere in there about paying attention and living a wide-awake life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a sucker for a cat story of course. Sebastian is so dapper (gorgeous markings) and I do feel a bit sorry for Max with that haircut. Your details capture his personality perfectly. I feel like I know this cat now! I especially love the detail of how he sits uncomfortably close to your cereal bowl. I have one like that too--and occasionally a toe gets dipped into the bowl if you aren't looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The description of Max staring into your soul made me a little uncomfortable. I think that means it was solid description.

    ReplyDelete

Slice 2019 #5 InstaPot / #6 Fetch

Kohl's is one of my favorite stores because they occasionally have insane deals! For example when they offer Kohl's cash ($10 for...