Sunday, March 4, 2018

Slice of Life #4: Books as a Portal to Another World

As a Child...

I, along with many muggles, might remember the magic of reading Harry Potter series for the first time. Staying up way past 'bed-time' lost in the adventure and escape provided by this series of books is one strong memory from growing up. The power of words just like the magic in Harry Potter can have a reader feeling spellbound.

A Reader Once More
A few good recommendations from my reader friends and coworkers has me falling in love with reading again. I just finished one book, starting another this weekend and am a comfortable 100+ pages in after just a few days. Reading online is so different than the way that I am able to get immersed into a novel. Yes, I may be reading science fiction or fantasy, but if you don't enjoy what you are reading it is okay to find something that you do.

Mark Hamill Likes Reading



A Note to Prospective Readers


Ask your friends, or even better yet a librarian for a book recommendation to get you back to reading.

Consider using social sites for book readers as well! I will be trying to be active on it and hold myself to the goal of reading 24 books this year which would be about a 20 book improvement on what I accomplished last year.

GoodReads is one my friend Trina introduced to me.

You can find my profile here!


3 comments:

  1. One of my goals this semester is to read some books recommended by my students. I'm glad you're finding ways to read more and finding more books to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Goodreads! I have more books to read than time to read them.
    The way you add social media screenshots into your blog posts is very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that you are falling in love with reading again. AND I agree with Jennie B., I love how you add social media screenshots to your blog posts. It definitely enhances your story!

    ReplyDelete

Slice 2019 #5 InstaPot / #6 Fetch

Kohl's is one of my favorite stores because they occasionally have insane deals! For example when they offer Kohl's cash ($10 for...