Monday, March 12, 2018

Slice #12: Collect the Most Happiness



Today it was really nice to come home, after a fulfilling day at work and spend time with a full family dinner, cleaning in the kitchen, doing some laundry and then spending time having a family game night. Today we played Tokaido, a game we have had for a while, and one that everyone seems to enjoy a lot. The write up and video at the link does the job of explaining the game WAY better than I could in writing. If you are interested in learning more about the game just go there.

On our journey the family including my wife, sister, brother-in-law and nephew (4.5 years old) has enjoyed learning a new game together while taking turns having the most enjoyable journey along the road known as Tokaido. This connected Kyoto and Edo (Modern Tokyo) and was a many day journey. Along the way we saw beautiful panoramas, soaked in natural hot baths, filled our packs with trinkets.

In the end, the goal of the game is to collect the most happiness and remember life is about the journey and not the destination. I will try not to be a sore loser, and hold a grudge at my nephew for winning.



4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun game. Maybe you will teach me some time? I really love how involved you are with your nephews. That new baby of yours will be such a lucky kid to have you as his dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the four year old won! I'm looking forward to learning about this new game. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great game! My brother, sister in law, husband and I are big board game people. Currently, we like Ticket to Ride, but so many fun games out there. I'll have to check out Tokaido.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of a game where the idea is to collect the most happiness! Will definitely check this out.

    ReplyDelete

Slice 2019 #5 InstaPot / #6 Fetch

Kohl's is one of my favorite stores because they occasionally have insane deals! For example when they offer Kohl's cash ($10 for...