Friday, March 9, 2018

Slice #9 -The Principals Office



There is a stark contrast between how I felt about being in the Principals office my first years of teaching versus this year. I feel more confident now, first off in that I have candid discussions about difficulties but also opportunities and possible solutions. I explain things that are in process and give context to the learning that will be observed next week.

Reflecting on my growth as an educator and person I have come a long way, I used to get anxious knots in my stomach regarding meetings with admin and now I seek them out. Throughout my teaching career there has been a pattern of always trying, learning from mistakes, trying something new, and then learning something new again. I love this profession, the people I get to work with from staff to students.

3 comments:

  1. I remember my first few years as a teacher talking about my teaching. It was scary and hard at times. I am glad that you have found this confidence in talking about your teaching now! Bravo, Jeremy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could never quite get over feeling that anxious knot any time I was called to the office, even though it was literally never for anything bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the principal has a lot of influence in how teachers feel about his/her office. At least in my experience, each principal's office has given me a different feeling depending on the person living in it at the time.

    ReplyDelete

Slice 2019 #5 InstaPot / #6 Fetch

Kohl's is one of my favorite stores because they occasionally have insane deals! For example when they offer Kohl's cash ($10 for...