Thursday, March 8, 2018

Slice #8 Choir Concert




Today was a beautiful reminder of the good in the world, and the power of music.
I had the opportunity/honor of working the choir concert from the light and sound booth. As stage manager, I received notes about the lighting effect that they would like to have for each song in the concert. Sliders fading up, down, slowly and balancing the controls to create certain lighting effects is nothing new to me, but it was new in this context.

I regret not going to more student life activities in my years of teaching, but I have many more ahead. Now that I live closer to work maybe its feasible to be at more sporting events and fine arts performances. You have to make time for these special moments and cheer on your kids. I am proud of the talented students I teach, and their passion for music.

4 comments:

  1. I wish that I could have been there to see the students at the concert last night! I bet it was a great evening. I am amazed at all you have to offer at school with technology, including working the sound booth. You have so much to offer, Jeremy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, working with children is so rewarding. They remind those of us fortunate enough to spend our time with them, of the joy in the simple things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attending student activities was truly one of my favorite parts of teaching. It always amazed me how students who didn't necessarily shine or stand out in the classroom became so alive and vibrant in their chosen activities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It means so much to them when they see a teacher at events!

    ReplyDelete

Slice 2019 #5 InstaPot / #6 Fetch

Kohl's is one of my favorite stores because they occasionally have insane deals! For example when they offer Kohl's cash ($10 for...